ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
miki150
Forum MemberPosts: 70
Like?
Outdoor video
Jan 30, 2013

Hello,

I shoot a lot of video on hiking and cycling trips and produce short movies. So far I've been using the E-PL2 with 14-42, 40-150 and 20mm lenses. I'm pretty happy with the rig, except for all the shakiness and jello. I'm not always able to use a tripod, and often shoot handheld while walking or even riding my bike (this kind of material is often more interesting than static shots).

I'm looking to upgrade me gear. My options are:

- buy the E-M5, this will stabilize all my lenses

- buy the Panasonic 14-45 which will be stabilized on my E-PL2 + use a tripod or monopod for other lenses (40-150 in particular).

Question is, how does the stabilization in 14-45 compare to E-M5? Is any of them better than the other? Will the lens OIS also reduce the rolling shutter effect of E-PL2?

If I go the latter option, I may later switch to a G-series body for better overall video quality - it would be nice to have native 60fps video, seems like Oly is not going this direction.

It would be great to hear from someone else shooting outdoor / action video with micro4/3 about their experience.

Michal

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow