x100 now or x100S on Feb 18th?

Started Jan 30, 2013 | Discussions thread
John Bean (UK)
Forum ProPosts: 18,034
Like?
Re: x100 now or x100S on Feb 18th?
In reply to Jonny Y, Jan 30, 2013

Jonny Y wrote:

As for the autofocus - well, the reason I want one of these so badly is because of the old school manual controls. I want to slow down in my picture taking, not speed up. I don't take sports shots or anything where a really fast AF is needed (although I really like the sound of the improved MF, so that's frustrating) so I'm thinking that a cheap, new x100 is right for me.

Yes, any improvement to the X100 MF would be most welcome. That said I've never had an issue with the AF of the X100; it works as well as any other CDAF system and while not as fast as some I've never lost a shot because of it.

If someone donated a new X100s I'd certainly accept it but I wouldn't spend more than double the cost of a X100 to buy one, nor would I want to lose the X100 in exchange for one.

-- hide signature --

John Bean [GMT]
"Note: If pictures and physical have access, please in kind prevail, thank you for understand." - quotation from an ebay listing.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow