how many $$$ have legacy lenses saved for you? and aren't they fun?

Started Jan 27, 2013 | Discussions thread
mgibbs
Regular MemberPosts: 368Gear list
Like?
Re: It COSTS money in time, and not fun!
In reply to fermy, Jan 30, 2013

fermy wrote:

Mike_PEAT wrote:

Having shot for 40 years I have a LOT of experience using manual lenses including shooting auto racing. The issue isn't operating the MF lens, but the fact it has a colour cast when the digital camera (I've had yellw, and green), and it's not worth the time to correct the colour cast after!

Is it a fact? All manual lenses have color cast and all native lenses have none, did I understand that correctly?

What I can tell (and it does not take 40 years of experience) is that 20mm pancake and kit 14-42 Zuiko have different color renditions. So which one of them has cast?

Same story with manual lenses, different color renditions, sure, they do have it, which can be an advantage as it gives different looks. Some have warmer rendering (intentionally), which you can call yellow cast, some radioactive lenses might have yellowed, these can be reversed under UV lamp.

I have not seen a single lens yet with a "green" cast (and I have more than 100 lenses). No-one finds green skin attractive, so no manufacturer would produce a lens with greenish rendering, that's not typical at all. I suspect yours was faulty.

There are plenty of MF lenses with very neutral colors, so this seems like a very bizzare complaint.

agreed- neither my konica 40 nor my tamron 90 or canon 135 produce images with a cast.  my canon 50mm (fd  ssc) did.  some do, not all.

mgibbs's gear list:mgibbs's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-G6 Panasonic Lumix G Vario HD 14-140mm F4-5.8 OIS Panasonic Lumix G 14mm F2.5 ASPH +7 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow