What's the quality that gives some lenses (like Minolta G) a "3D" look?

Started Jan 29, 2013 | Discussions thread
rgsnow
Forum MemberPosts: 67Gear list
Like?
Re: What's the quality that gives some lenses (like Minolta G) a "3D" look?
In reply to Tom2572, Jan 30, 2013

I think its not only contrast, but the photo compositon, the focused ball player, the out of focused players and also the dugout, which all are in the back ground.  Take any of them out and you may lose the 3D effect. Most photos with that 3D look just happens. You go out to the park to shoot butterflies, and come home with a snapshot that turns out to be one of your all time favorites. I took this a few years ago, and is one of my favorites photos. It has a 3D effect that I have not been able to duplicate. I have others that have a 3D look, but not like this one. When shooting flowers and such, I always try to make a conscious effert to do so.

Here is one of a butterfly, the little blue flower in front of the butterfly, created the 3D. Both were taken with 70-300G

rgsnow's gear list:rgsnow's gear list
Sony SLT-A77 Sony 70-400mm F4-5.6 G SSM Sony Alpha DSLR-A700 Sony a77 II Sony DT 16-80mm F3.5-4.5 ZA Carl Zeiss Vario-Sonnar T* +9 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow