Has anyone changed from d7000 to d600, thoughts ?

Started Jan 30, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
coder01
Junior MemberPosts: 33
Like?
Has anyone changed from d7000 to d600, thoughts ?
Jan 30, 2013

I purchased a d7000 over the summer before a lengthy trip to Europe where I took 4000 photos.

the d7000 is a successor to d80 after the d70, in terms of dslr's I have owned.

i felt the d7000 was terrific but I (like many others I am sure long for a full size sensor).

the big question is whether the timing for a step up is right. Are people with experience with these two cameras seeing a significant difference between these two cameras ?

I am a hobbyist with a discerning eye and lucky to be able to take trips to very scenic locations. i prefer landscape and cityscape photography, particularly historic cities and buildings. Recently I have taken an interest in night photography but it is a small percentage of the photos I take. I would suspect high iso images comprise perhaps 5% of the photos I take.

then of course family photos and sports photos in swimming and tennis.

i have a 13 x 19 printer at home and have been a happy with images from the d7000 printed at that size although I have seen tables  that say 10 x 16 would be max size for 16MP .

SO, would I be blown away by the upgrade to  the full sensor and 24MP d600 or is it a small incremental change ?

From Ken Rockwells review of the d600, he notes he believes the autofocus sensor is straight from the d7000 and therefore small for the d600 viewfinder. I would imagine the d600 successor will remedy this issue. If I do not move to the d600 now I am certain it's successor will be a definite.

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow