my love-hate relationship with the RX1

Started Jan 28, 2013 | Discussions thread
ekaton
Regular MemberPosts: 421Gear list
Like?
Re: my love-hate relationship with the RX1
In reply to earful, Jan 30, 2013

earful wrote:

you're in the same boat as many other people. basically you'd buy it if it were cheaper. no issue there. problem is, i doubt sony cares. i paid full price for the camera and evf and i actually think in the world of cameras i know of that promised iq above all along with great portability (leica m9 and x1), i am getting my money's worth. i agree re af, but it's still better than shooting manual (for me) as i have for quite awhile now.

as others have said, the rx1 is a niche product. if it's not your niche, then you are not sony's intended customer. no harm, no foul. i'm sure the x100s will bring a lot of joy to a lot of people and we will see some amazing photographs by those who know how to use it. but i've stopped looking for a go-to camera. i have one.

Nicely summarised. I'm in the exact same boat and I owned and tried them all, the jacket pocketable high IQ large sensor offerings of the last few years. None comes close to the RX1, except the Sigma DP Merrills in their considerably smaller niche.

ekaton's gear list:ekaton's gear list
Sigma DP1 Merrill Sigma DP3 Merrill Sigma DP2 Quattro Leica M9 Nikon Df
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow