What makes more sense? A fancy new full frame wide angle lens? or a cheaper wide angle?

Started Jan 30, 2013 | Discussions thread
Unexpresivecanvas
Contributing MemberPosts: 960
Like?
Re: What makes more sense? A fancy new full frame wide angle lens? or a cheaper wide angle?
In reply to Wang Hung, Jan 30, 2013

The decision is not easy, at least it wouldn't be for me.

Some nice FF wide angle lenses are the Sanyang/Rokinon 8mm, 14mm, 24mm and 35mm (manual focus) lenses. They will work fine on a FF and they are 1.5x longer in APS-C.

But I don't know if I would spend that amount of money on a lenses for a camera system that may never exist. Why? I understand from the interviews or translation of such Japanese interviews that until recently Pentax was still looking a the possibility of evaluating the market need for a FF.... Also they suggested or insinuated they were looking at options of discontinuing the Pentax bayonet system if they go FF with mirrorless cameras.

Then, the advise provided by somebody else about the 35mm f2.4 is a very good option for you right now. An affordable, very well built, autofocus digital lens, just perfect for the K-xx series. It's a pitty Pentax hasn't come out with similar products in the 24 or 28mm range.

I have a 28mm "A" and a Ricoh 35mm, both of them manual focus. Really like them but sometimes I really need AF.

I got tired of waiting for the Pentax FF and bought a Canon 5D.  Now I am buying  some Canon-compatible lenses.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow