Possible firmware bug 650D/T4i?

Started Oct 14, 2012 | Questions thread
NeilBart
New MemberPosts: 12Gear list
Like?
Re: Possible firmware bug 650D/T4i?
In reply to lacix, Jan 30, 2013

I agree, there is a 'bug' when using 650D/T4i in 'Live View'. I have experienced the device lock up when using Live View and Manual mode for still images. Removal of the battery is required to restore use of the camera. It is difficult to diagnose the precise cause of the lock up of the camera by changing various settings that could be related. Such is the nature of intermittent bugs. However, it is not reasonable to disable a camera function (eg Continuous Auto Focus) to prevent a camera malfunction. All of the designed functions should operate without causing camera failure.

I also have the G1X, SX50, S100 and G10; none of these Canon cameras have ever locked up requiring removal of the battery to restore function. I am in the software business for Smartphones and Tablets and know a software 'bug' when I see one. Canon needs to sort out the bug with Live View in the 650D/T4i and issue a firmware upgrade.

NeilBart's gear list:NeilBart's gear list
Canon PowerShot G10 Canon PowerShot S100 Canon PowerShot G1 X Samsung Galaxy Camera 3G Canon PowerShot SX50 HS +9 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow