Some D600 + 24-70 f2.8 pictures. Is that IQ expected?

Started Jan 29, 2013 | Discussions thread
Photographer124
Regular MemberPosts: 132Gear list
Like?
Re: the upgrade path
In reply to marcio_napoli, Jan 30, 2013

marcio_napoli wrote:

The problem, IMO, is not that someone might need some guidance.

Of course that should be just fine, we all started from the basics, at any given point in the past.

We all had to work our way, in the most humble manner.

Looking for help is not the problem, but what calls my attention is that someone would actually go for the very best gear just before gathering any knowledge.

Please, this is not a direct hit on the OP. What I'm describing is a common behaviour in DP review, it's everywhere.

People forking out 8 grand on camera, but then asking questions like "should I take my D4 and my 70-200 f2.8 to Disney?"

That example seems science fiction to me... how can anyone spend 10k on gear, and have no idea how to use it ?

Well.. I guess my pov is biased on my country's prices.

In Brazil, you actually have to spend 13 grand (on local currency) to have a D600 + 24-70.

That's probably a lifetime of savings, just to grab a camera. Or you need to be a pro to justify it.

But let's just forget about money... that's not the point.

The point is that if you're a beginner, be humble. Buy yourself beginner's gear (like a D5200) and learn everything there's to know before upgrading.

When you're truly comfortable, them you can move up.

But people buying D4 and heavy, expensive glass to go to Disney is beyond me.

My honest 2 cents.

-- hide signature --

Marcio Napoli

www.marcionapoli.com

Nah, why is that ? If one has money who can say they can't buy the latest and greatest gear ?

This is a free world... They can learn to use the latest and greatest, not a big deal

Who says they have to start with a point and shoot ? I did so as I had no money to buy a proper slr.

Just get the best your money can buy man and enjoy. Life is short.

Good luck

Photographer124's gear list:Photographer124's gear list
Nikon D600 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 18-35mm f/3.5-4.5G ED
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
WintNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow