Senior MemberPosts: 2,587
Like?
Roel, re Scifi...
In reply to RoelHendrickx, Jan 30, 2013

RoelHendrickx wrote:

l_objectif wrote:

HuntingSand wrote:

l_objectif wrote:

Some very nice B/W shots and I am glad you didn't go for "touristic" type of shots like those we often see from LV!

The last shot was is intriguing to me and makes me wonder of this is our future!... But I hope I won't live long enough to see this kind of environment!... A very nice shot with a beautiful framing though!...

Thanks Louis. I tend to stay off the beaten track (but I can show you plenty of older men in tights kicking a ball around if you wish! )
I don't think that the Gehry building or the gov center are "our future" as you call it. They are one-off landmark buildings, designed for specific purposes. One is a fundraising facility (the Gehry, especially the wing of the building I've shown), the other a multi-purpose, "open-government" type facility which also includes a sunken lawn with an amphiteatre, spaces for art exhibits, a kindergarden, shaded arcades, indoor event spaces, etc. I'd rather actually see this sort of architecture downtown than, say, have thousands of bland, traditional office buildings rising 15 stories high from a conventional rectangular footprint, with no structural identity to speak of.

-- hide signature --

Photographic collections at http://hahn.zenfolio.com

I am familiar with these two building, dear Thomas. But I liked the way you included both in the same shot, giving a very "futuristic" impression to the photo. What I was trying to say is that maybe this is the trend we must expect in the future environment. As much as I love the "Classic" architecture, I am also aware that we must accept the evolution which could also be beautiful and above all, more "practical" in most cases!

I also like the combination of the two buildings in one frame.

It reminded me of a cityscape on Tatooine (that is the main "sandy dunes" Star Wars planet, for those not so interested in SciFi movies)

Roel, if you're interested in SciFi, check out the Area 51 exhibit at the Atomic Testing Museum on East Flamingo, some neat stuff there. Oh, and they have stickers and postcards and t-shirts of Miss Atomic Bomb (she's a pin-up gal from 1957 with a cotton mushroom cloud pinned to her swimsuit) for sale, too! Now, that's an iconic image of the times (google it if you will)...

-- hide signature --

Photographic collections at http://hahn.zenfolio.com

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow