advice on off brand wide angle alternative to canon 17-40 wth canon 6D

Started Jan 25, 2013 | Questions thread
veeco5150
Regular MemberPosts: 347
Like?
Re: 24 mm f/2.8 IS
In reply to Forrest, Jan 30, 2013

love the backpack idea! Yeah, it's not the same kind of backpacking....so no tent and no food...but I basically keep all of my belongs that I will need for a year of hosteling around the world (guess that might be a better word than backpacking) in a rucksack like you have got there. I try a similar practice though and have a skateboard daypack that I try to keep all of my camera gear in...not as padded as a camera backpack, but still much better than traveling around with a Tamron branded bag or something.

Actually traveling with a skateboard seems to help the vagabond look and it's so much fun! So yes, I'm actually sacrificing some camera weight to add a skateboard to my gear. It's far better than walking.

And I wish I did not have to carry around thousands of dollars of lenses and bodies through hostels, but they do produce the best photographs...and I'm out there to photograph.

I'm signing onto the Professional Photographers Association and it sounds like they have gear coverage for $350 a year...I just hope I never have to use it! But I have not heard any bad stories yet about their insurance coverage.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow