Nikon D3200 with 12-24 vs. Olympus OM-D E-M5 with 9-18.

Started Jan 22, 2013 | Discussions thread
NZ Scott
Senior MemberPosts: 3,510Gear list
Like?
Re: Nikon D3200 with 12-24 vs. Olympus OM-D E-M5 with 9-18.
In reply to AndrewNewYork, Jan 30, 2013

AndrewNewYork wrote:

I got the OMD to save weight, to carry around all day. Check out my Nikon bag vs. my Olympus bag.

4 lenses for Olympus and 7 lenses for Nikon.

I no longer have my Nikon kit, but instead of carrying a large bag with lots of lenses I tended to carry a small bag or none at all and only had one lens with me. This was because I usually used the Nikon when I was travelling, hiking or walking around town, and I simply couldn't be bothered dealing with the size and weight of more than one lens. I did like the Nikon very much and I would probably still be using it if the m43 system were not so much smaller and lighter.

With my E-P3, I can carry 3 or 4 lenses and the total weight is the same as the Nikon with one lens. This is a Billingham Hadley Small bag, which holds the E-P3, 4 lenses, a macro achromat, a bunch of screw-on filters, a Cokin-A filter system, a cable release, a white card, a lens pen, a spare battery etc with room to spare.

However, most of the time I just carry the E-P3 with one lens, as it's so light I barely notice it. I can fit it into a standard messenger bag.

-- hide signature --
 NZ Scott's gear list:NZ Scott's gear list
Sony QX1 Olympus PEN E-P3 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GM5 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6G II Panasonic Lumix G Vario 7-14mm F4 ASPH +12 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow