OT - where to find how to make changes to format on dp?

Started Jan 19, 2013 | Questions thread
Marla
Veteran MemberPosts: 8,700Gear list
Like?
Re: Power searching
In reply to fotowbert, Jan 30, 2013

fotowbert wrote:

Marla wrote:

...snip...

I also want to know how to do a search for a specific topic on a forum. When I use the Search option it doesn't work that way.

Instead of the dpr search facility use g00gle search by typing in the following:

search text string 1033 site:forums.dpreview.com

This limits the search to dpr forums and most results will be from forum 1033, the Panasonic Compact Camera Talk forum in this example.

You can find the forum number for any forum by going there then looking in the address bar of your browser.

Click on the "gear" on the far right in g00gle search, select advanced search and you have more search options.

Happy searching! John

Thanks!  Sorry for the delay in replying.  I was just double checking to make sure I read all the replies.  I needed this one!  Thanks.

BTW, this seems like a complicated way to search for a simple topic in just one forum.  However, as long as it works!  Thanks.

-- hide signature --

Maria

Marla's gear list:Marla's gear list
Olympus XZ-1 Olympus OM-D E-M5 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 14-45mm F3.5-5.6 ASPH OIS Panasonic Leica D Summilux Asph 25mm F1.4 Panasonic Lumix G 14mm F2.5 ASPH +2 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow