XZ-10 a game changer?

Started Jan 28, 2013 | Discussions thread
rezaf_2000
Regular MemberPosts: 335
Like?
Re: Small sensor means MORE DOF vs XZ-2, MX-1 and X20
In reply to marike6, Jan 30, 2013

marike6 wrote:

How is the XZ-10 going to be a game changer when DOF will be greater than the 1/1.7" cameras like the XZ-2, MX-1, G15 or 2/3", cameras like the X10/X20 or 1" sensor cameras like the RX100?

What is the game changing feature vs the XZ-2, the extra 18mm on the long end (112mm for XZ-2 vs 130mm XZ-10)?

Game changer: It's the first camera with fast telephoto lens that can live its life in my pants pocket. XZ-2, G-15, ... they are all out of the pocket-camera territory. Once a camera cannot fit in my pockets and I have to put it around my neck or in a backpack, I'd prefer to take a larger camera (like any of my three m4/3 cameras or my DSLR). But I cannot live my life as a photographer with a camera always in my hands or around my neck. And my bag is already heavy with my laptop / charger / pens / clipboards / etc.

My Canon S90 basically lives in my pocket all the time. I don't need to think about taking a camera with me anywhere in my daily life, i'm confident that the S90 is always there. BUT, I cannot comfortably shoot anything but really wide pictures with it. As soon as you go into tele, the ISO gets into terribly noisy territory. That's why I'm excited about XZ-10. It can replace the S90/95/100/110 as an always-in-the-pocket camera.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow