Started Jan 28, 2013 | Questions thread
Lin Evans
Forum ProPosts: 15,629Gear list
Like?
Re: Same here, Autopano Pro
In reply to cquarksnow, Jan 30, 2013

cquarksnow wrote:

Thanks so much, Lin -

I just rotated the camera on the tripod, but I don't have much experience with pano. Now I wonder if portrait would be better, so I have floor to ceiling even on the edges...

Chris

Chris, one of the problems is that when you are very close to the subject, it's absolutely necessary to either have a true pano head for your tripod, or very carefully match the axis of rotation to the exit pupil on the lens otherwise there will be significant parallax which is the real culprit here. I doubt that shooting vertical will matter too much in this case. If you were shooting a landscape with the closest object to the lens at a reasonably long distance, it wouldn't be very important, but in this case the best way to get a good panorama of a room like this is to either do it with a single 360 degree lens or do it with two fisheye captures and let the software correct. The "better" way would be two fisheye captures because you wouldn't loose nearly as much resolution. Otherwise you probably should take about twelve frames overlapping by about 30% to get the best results with what you are trying to shoot.

Best regards,

Lin

-- hide signature --

learntomakeslidshows.net

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow