ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
jameswatson3
New MemberPosts: 2
Like?
New XZ-1 - Internal "Movement"?
Jan 30, 2013

Hello,

I just bought a new XZ-1 from Amazon after reading all the glowing reviews of the camera. When I took it out of the box, I noticed that there seems to be what I can only describe as "movement" of internal components when I shift the camera from side to side. The lens is obviously very large in comparison to the body and it kind of feels like the "bushings" or whatever holds it in place have some slight give.

To be specific, if I hold the camera firmly in one hand extended in front of me and simply rotate that hand so that the camera rotates from right-side-up to upside-down and back again, I can feel this "movement" of internal components.

I called Olympus Support who immediately put me on hold for minute and then came back to report that they were able to confirm my experience with a camera of that model they had there. According to them, this is normal for that camera, and it may be for all I know.

I have not even had time to determine the general operation of the camera except for a few shots taken with the default charge of the camera which seem fine as far as I can tell in my limited expertise of picture quality.

But I just wanted to ask. Is this observation of mine typical of this model and completely normal, or should I follow up further on the subject with Olympus?

Thanks for your help!

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow