Crop DSRLs on the verge of becoming obsolete Locked

Started Jan 29, 2013 | Discussions thread
This thread is locked.
Osvaldo Cristo
Senior MemberPosts: 2,326Gear list
Your opinion - others can have different one!
In reply to Airless, Jan 29, 2013

Airless wrote:

M43 is so close to dealing the final death blow to the Canikon Colossus, it is just one perfectly, godly, unstoppable camera away from obsoleting all crop DSLRs in one fell swoop.

Perfectly? Certainly it is not for me: I prefer by far the ergonomics, OVF, speed, AF from my D300S

All that is needed is a slightly redesigned OM-D E-M6 with real PDAF and wifi, and that will be the end of DX and APS-C forever.

Really? Why?

The new Epson EVF will surely blow away the inferior OVFs, M4/3 already has more and better lenses than DX,

First of all, most of the lenses used into DX cameras are FX also. From my 12 lenses, only three are DX: Nikkor 10.5 fisheye, Nikkor 12-24 f/4 and Tokina 35 f/2.8 Macro. I have doubts you can beat them.

is more portable and has faster-advancing technology, looks cooler,

Cooler? For my taste they have horrible toyish aparence. Perhaps you have to restate it as it is cool for you...

pretty much everything a person could ever want in a camera if you're not a full frame professional user.

Please take me off of your "every thing a person could ever want"

This next camera that Olympus is set to unleash in the spring will be the epic camera to end all cameras, certainly all crop sensor DSLRs.

I suspect that Canikon has seen the writing on the wall because they haven't made a decent DSLR with a pentaprism OVF in over two years!, they decided it's not worth fighting a losing battle for real enthusiasts and they can make more money by going after the suckers who buy overpriced Rebels and D3x00/D5x00 models or that joke of a Nikon 1 system. They are just going to bilk people on these cheap entry-level models as long as they can and then close down DX/APS-C once and for all. They've already been surpassed by Pentax with the K-5 IIs and Sony with the A77 (and soon the A78). The end is nigh, and we await the fall of the Canikon Colossus with bated breath.

It looks you are very bitter for something Canon/Nikon could not offer to you. It does not means they arenĀ“t providing the "right" stuff for other people. For me, certainly they are - at last for now...

Regards,

-- hide signature --

O.Cristo - An Amateur Photographer
Opinions of men are almost as various as their faces - so many men so many minds. B. Franklin

Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow