Shutter stuck at 6 Degrees??? I'm Freezing! :o)

Started Jan 25, 2013 | Discussions thread
tvstaff
Contributing MemberPosts: 838Gear list
Like?
Re: -14°C nothing
In reply to CameraCarl, Jan 29, 2013

CameraCarl wrote:

Apparently your answered your own question now that you mentioned that the camera had been splashed with water which apparently froze on the shutter release. You're lucky it didn't suffer any permanent damage. You ought to consider some sort of a rain cover when shooting in such disadvantageous conditions. You might want to check out the thread in the 5D/etc. Forum about a 5D with a grip which failed in the rain.

Hi CameraCarl:

I always knew that the addition of a grip could let water or sand into the battery compartment as it does not seem totaly sealed.  However, if you're shooting around water at some point you're going to get splashed.  I thought the shutter button was "SEALED". I was wrong.   My thoughts that the 7D with the 70-200 USM IS II was bullet proof was knocked down a bit.   I'll have to be more careful in the future or find enclosures that are made to get wet as I love to soot in the rain, around water and sand.

Thanks for writing,

TVSTAFF

P.S. The camera works fine now! 

Took the 7D outside in about 8 degree weather and let it sit for a hour, then took this picture and RAN back inside!  Too cold for me...  The shutter button worked fine, so there was no more water in or around the button.  This little guy must be freezing!!! <ROFL>

tvstaff's gear list:tvstaff's gear list
Canon PowerShot G10 Canon EOS 7D Canon EOS-1D X Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 II Canon EF-S 17-55mm f/2.8 IS USM +13 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow