Spots on DP2m sensor.

Started Jan 29, 2013 | Discussions thread
Truman Prevatt
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,694Gear list
Like?
Re: Spots on DP2m sensor.
In reply to petr marek, Jan 29, 2013

Sigma would "suck so hard" if you sent it back and they said take a hike.  I am sure they would not.  If you have dirt or oil on the sensor of a sealed camera like the DP - send it back.  An SLR with interchangeable lenses and moving parts - maybe you would pick some up along the way.  But a sealed camera should be clean and if it is not I am sure they would fix it for you.

Sigma has a lot of issues particularly with QC, but at the end of the day I am quite sure they stand behind their products.  The OP should send it back and either get it replaced or get it professionally cleaned by Sigma.

petr marek wrote:

Johan Borg wrote:

Yes, mine had a tiny bit from the factory. Keeping the aperture in the sweet spot f/2.8-8.0 hides it most of the time. No big deal for me at least..

Unbelievable, Sigmas customers are so generous, they have to reconcile to so many limitations, failures and obstructions taking photos and developing it... I think interchangeable mount would be a great solution of this Sigmas deficiency - you could at least clean the dust off the sensor... And you don´t need to buy three DP cameras for versatility, only three lenses... :))

Sigma sucks so hard...

-- hide signature --

Truman
www.pbase.com/tprevatt

Truman Prevatt's gear list:Truman Prevatt's gear list
Nikon D800E Nikon AF Nikkor 50mm f/1.4D Nikon AF Nikkor 85mm f/1.4D Nikon AF Nikkor 135mm f/2D DC Nikon AF Nikkor 180mm f/2.8D ED-IF +6 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow