Started Jan 26, 2013 | Discussions thread
klauspauk
Contributing MemberPosts: 628Gear list
Like?
Re: B&H selling returned products: Question for Mr. Henry Posner
In reply to henryp, Jan 29, 2013

henryp wrote:

klauspauk wrote:

After all the discussion on the subject I will hesitate to buy form B&H because you fail to inform a customer that the camera you sell him might not be new.

I hate to sound like a politician but as others have kindly pointed out -- what's new? A customer who buys a camera, changes his mind and send it back is returning a product that is unused, untouched and as far as I personally am concerned, new.

A camera that's returned to us with indications of handling or use is not new and would not be considered as such.

As I said it's a nuanced situation subject to careless oversimplification which obscures the necessary details. In a world with infinite shades of gray, you cannot have just black or white and be complete.

-- hide signature --

Henry Posner
B&H Photo-Video

My complete statement was:

"I understand your careful approach. There is not much of a choice based on the fact that almost every internet business offers returns without restocking fees.

On the other hand,it is possible that a buyer receives (what he thinks) is a factory fresh camera , the manual is not shrink-wrapped anymore, the protective plastic on the LCD is removed and so on.

To be honest, I wouldn't be happy about that.

I have purchased several cameras, lenses and computer tablets from "Amazon warehouse deals".

I knew that these were previous customer returns and was always pleased when they were in Mint or like new condition.

After all the discussion on the subject I will hesitate to buy form B&H because you fail to inform a customer that the camera you sell him might not be new."

In your statement you said ..A camera that's returned to us with indications of handling or use is not new and would not be considered as such...

I would like to know how you define"indications of handling or use"

klauspauk's gear list:klauspauk's gear list
Fujifilm X-E1 Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow