What's the quality that gives some lenses (like Minolta G) a "3D" look?

Started Jan 29, 2013 | Discussions thread
arie
Regular MemberPosts: 395
Like?
almost looks like a "miniature" scene - how is this done?
In reply to brian14478, Jan 29, 2013

Your photo brings up another question that I've had for a while. I've seen long range photos of houses and so forth that have a very strange, almost toy like quality to them. It was as if someone staged the scene with miniature houses and cars and photographed it. It's a very funny look that must be done with a very specific shooting technique.

What comes to mind is shooting with a long lens as wide open as possible.

brian14478 wrote:

dlkeller wrote:

Increased sharpness and contrast.

-- hide signature --

Dave

This and a very clear distinction between elements in a scence that are in and out of focus. This was with an a100 and a minolta 100-200 4.5.

Many lenses are capable of the look your talking about..The minolta 70-210 f4. and many other lenses actually. The biggest factor though is a clearly defined sharpness and dof( my opinion)...brian

-- hide signature --

1500 years ago, everybody knew that the Earth was the center of the universe. 500 years ago, everybody knew that the Earth was flat. And 15 minutes ago, you knew that people were alone on this planet. Imagine what you'll know tomorrow. -MIB

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow