Best lenses for Japan/South Korea

Started Jan 29, 2013 | Discussions thread
Raymond Cho
Senior MemberPosts: 1,085Gear list
Like?
Re: Best lenses for Japan/South Korea
In reply to Raymond Cho, Jan 29, 2013

In a big busy place, a wide angle can be useful too you know ... ie car traffic buildings in the back etc ... yeah after a thought i think unless you have really specific things in mind or that you like to work really slow like me (me who's also thinking about film medium format, I always carry a tripod with me overseas LOL). Maybe get a med 2.8 zoom like that Tamron and take your 70-200 so you get the bokeh. The two lenses should be different enough that you minimise lens swappings. Like if you are doing street candid, you may wanna use the tele. If you inside you may wanna swap to the med zoom.

To get the weight/size down you could swap the 70-200/2.8 for a fixed 180/2.8 but then you are gonna be replacing both lenses.  May not then .. and a zoom provide you a bit of flexibility.

Raymond Cho's gear list:Raymond Cho's gear list
Nikon D70 Nikon D600 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 35mm f/1.8G Nikon AF Nikkor 18-35mm f/3.5-4.5D IF ED Nikon AF Nikkor 50mm f/1.8D +7 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow