B&H selling returned products: Question for Mr. Henry Posner

Started Jan 26, 2013 | Discussions thread
Humpty Dumpty
Forum MemberPosts: 78
Like?
Re: B&H selling returned products: Question for Mr. Henry Posner
In reply to henryp, Jan 29, 2013

Unfortunately this significantly oversimplifies a more complex, nuanced, and individualized process. To hold to the same level of oversimplicity for the moment, you are incorrect. More accurately it is B&H's policy to consider and evaluate each return individually.

-- hide signature --

Henry Posner
B&H Photo-Video

First of all, I want to say upfront that I am a customer of B&H and a satisfied one at that. However, the last sentence, in the above post, needs to be clearified in my mind. When I see the word "consider" the alarm bells start ringing. Consideration is open to personal interpretation.

Consider and evaluate: does this mean that a returned item can be considered, by one person, good enough to be returned to stock without evaluation while another person considers the same item to need evaluation before returning to stock?

Instead of saying " it is B&H's policy to consider and evaluate each return individually" wouldn't it be better to say " it is B&H's policy to evaluate each return individually"?

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow