Crop DSRLs on the verge of becoming obsolete Locked

Started Jan 29, 2013 | Discussions thread
This thread is locked.
nzmacro
Veteran MemberPosts: 9,253Gear list
Times are interesting
In reply to wildlifr, Jan 29, 2013

wildlifr wrote:

Agreed, I think the m4/3 system has the potential to be a very competent wildlife system, even with the poor continuous autofocus (although that also hampers the situation). But not until someone comes out with a native, fast tele lens.

We are seeing some excellent serious nature shooters in here lately and I mean they are getting serious, including yourself mate. What it needs to keep them happy is decent lenses. Once that starts happening, serious sports shooters will end up with m4/3 along with nature shooters. Lets face it, that 2x crop factor and the IQ of the sensors is getting serious now days. Great to see.

You already know that its not so much just the box, its what's in front of it and what's behind it that counts. Same as any photography, but for sports and nature, the lenses need to be there. It won't be long and the AF speeds will be there also. You can see with each new model, its getting much better.

I don't expect the lenses to be inexpensive and they will cost plenty, but many are already paying for lenses like that on DSLR's. The are demanding it for what they take. They don't have a choice.

Anyway, all the best and hoping in time it will come.

Danny.

-- hide signature --
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow