If not Aperture, then what are you using on your Mac?

Started Jan 29, 2013 | Discussions thread
DiploStrat
Contributing MemberPosts: 757Gear list
Like?
Re: If not Aperture, then what are you using on your Mac?
In reply to ammac12, Jan 29, 2013

Adam,

Been running Aperture since release 1.5 in about 2006. Never lost an image or suffered any such hiccups. I don't use vaults, but rather depend on Time Machine, SuperDuper! and Crashplan. (Basically, I simply include all of my photos as something that I want to back up along with everything else.) Touch wood, I have never had to stress test any of this, but Aperture is stable - don't let that worry you.

Aperture and Lightroom are both great; I think Aperture has the better database and Lightroom may have a few better tools. (I dislike Lightroom's interface, but I could get used to it if I saw a real advantage to the application.) I also use Photoshop Elements for calendars and special projects that may require layers. In other words, less than ten images in a hundred.

This brings up a final question - why would you want to keep using iPhoto; Aperture is by far the more powerful application.

-- hide signature --

DiploStrat

DiploStrat's gear list:DiploStrat's gear list
Sony Cyber-shot DSC-T10 Nikon D60 Nikon D800E Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 16-85mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-200mm f/3.5-5.6G IF-ED VR +6 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
NX2New
TestNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow