3rd party remote trigger with Elinchrom?

Started Jan 8, 2013 | Discussions thread
MBlasto
New MemberPosts: 24Gear list
Like?
Re: 3rd party remote trigger with Elinchrom?
In reply to Sailor Blue, Jan 29, 2013

Sailor Blue, thanks for this advice. I went with the Yongnuo's and everything worked well. I pluging the Yongnuo into the hot shoe and the sync cord into the body. I was able to trigger 2 Elinchrome's and one 580EX II with no issues. The Yonguo's never misfired. I bought a second pair to avoid the sync cable in the future.

This was great advice. Thanks.

Sailor Blue wrote:

The Elinchrome lights have a built in Skyport receiver don't they? Then it only makes sense to stick with the Elinchrome Skyport system and you will have the ability to set the power of your strobes right from your transmitter.

If all you want is manual setting of the strobe power when you are physically at the strobe itself then a pair simple budget RF triggers like the Yongnuo RF-603s is fine. Trigger one of your strobes with the RF-603 and let the optical triggers take care of the rest.

As for adding more lights, if you can then I recommend sticking with the same lights as you already have, or at least other Elinchrome lights like the D-Lite 2s if lower power is needed or sufficient. The more lights you have that are the same the easier it is to use them and you also have immediate backups should a light fail.

-- hide signature --

Living and loving it in Bangkok, Thailand. Canon 7D - See the gear list for the rest.

MBlasto's gear list:MBlasto's gear list
Sony RX100 II
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow