DA* 16-50mm SDM failure.... finally happened to me..

Started Jan 29, 2013 | Discussions thread
Jim Radcliffe
Forum ProPosts: 11,387Gear list
Like?
Mr. Jam....
In reply to Mr Jam, Jan 29, 2013

Mr Jam wrote:

You come from Canon 5D and create wonderul images regardless of system you use. I was wondering if you ever had second thoughts in your decision switching to Pentax and dealing with some of these issues?

No, I have no real regrets at all in switching from the Canon 5D MKII to the Pentax K5.   I used Canon gear since the D30 days and owned the 10D and 20D then the 5D and 5D MKII.  The gear is good but could be better (Isn't that always the case?)

The bulk and weight of the 5D MKII and the bag of L Glass I lugged around became a real pain in the behind.. and may I also point out that some of my Canon glass had AF issues as well.

Do I miss having a Full Frame camera? Yes, at times I do but not enough to draw me back to Canon.  Bang for the buck, I get more with Pentax... and really enjoy the Ltd Lenses.  A small weather resistant camera with small lenses and great IQ is what I was after.  Pentax has been delivering that for me.... so, no second thoughts at all.

I recently upgraded from the K5 to the K5 IIs and could not be happier with that decision.

-- hide signature --

Jim Radcliffe
http://www.boxedlight.com
The ability to 'see' the shot is more important than the gear used to capture it.

Jim Radcliffe's gear list:Jim Radcliffe's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH2 Fujifilm X-Pro1 Pentax K-5 IIs Fujifilm X-E2 +6 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow