Steve Huff - X100S

Started Jan 10, 2013 | Discussions thread
Jim Radcliffe
Forum ProPosts: 11,417Gear list
Like?
Steve is probably just trying to make a living...
In reply to Hentaiboy, Jan 29, 2013

Steve probably truly enjoys photography and is just attempting to make a living based on that enjoyment.  I can't blame him for that.

I've been running a site for a number of years and with only two exceptions it has all been based on cameras that I bought and actually used.  Over the last several years I have been asked by several companies to post camera ads on my site but I always refuse.  Having camera ads on my site would just be useless clutter and might lead visitors to my site to believe that I was somehow "connected" and liked the camera in the ads... and there are many I don't like.

Running a site is really not all that expensive if you find the right hosting company (about $300 a year) so I see no need to have ads cluttering up my site or making pleas for purchases to be made through links on my site.  Rockwell has been doing that forever and I see that Steve is now doing the same thing.  More power to them if they can make a living or a decent supplement to their income off of their websites.  I just don't wish to do that... besides, I'm not a camera reviewer.  I am a camera user.  Becoming an actual reviewer would ruin the hobby for me.

I've read some of the posts on Steve's site and found some of them to be a bit over the top but then he is infusing his personality into what he writes.. it's not a White Paper.

I may have left one comment on his site in the past.  I have found that I disagree with some of his findings and suggestions but see no point in posting about any disagreement.

I can understand those who become a bit agitated when their camera of choice might not receive the highest ratings or recommendation by Steve but then the same thing happens here all the time.

-- hide signature --

Jim Radcliffe
http://www.boxedlight.com
The ability to 'see' the shot is more important than the gear used to capture it.

Jim Radcliffe's gear list:Jim Radcliffe's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH2 Fujifilm X-Pro1 Pentax K-5 IIs Fujifilm X-E2 +6 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow