RAW and Settings on OMD

Started Jan 29, 2013 | Discussions thread
Gregm61
Forum ProPosts: 13,972Gear list
Like?
Re: RAW and Settings on OMD
In reply to Nudibranco, Jan 29, 2013

Nudibranco wrote:

I may have been lazy or have ovelooked something in the manual or just plain confused but I have a question about the OM-D treatment of the in camera settings with regards to the RAW files:

• what are the settings that affect the RAW image quality in the MENU user settings?

I understand basic settings are not changed (like sharpness, contrast, etc.) but what about gradation? or noise reduction ? noise filter for high ISO? shadow compensation?

Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

All of the in-camera settings affect the image you see when you review the file on the camera LCD. If you use Olympus Viewer, they are also all applied in the converter and you can play with changing any of them. If you use something else like Adobe Camera raw, none of the in-camera setting are applied, even gradation. I use Adobe camera raw and do not even mess with in-camera parameters. I shoot raw, worry about exposure and composition while shooting and leave the processing for later on the computer.

-- hide signature --

"There's shadows in life, baby.." Jack Horner- Boogie Nights

Gregm61's gear list:Gregm61's gear list
Olympus OM-D E-M5 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX7 Olympus E-M1 Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 50mm 1:2.0 Macro Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 70-300mm 1:4.0-5.6 +10 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow