Started Jan 26, 2013 | Discussions thread
klauspauk
Contributing MemberPosts: 633Gear list
Like?
Re: B&H selling returned products: Question for Mr. Henry Posner
In reply to henryp, Jan 29, 2013

henryp wrote:

Reilly Diefenbach wrote:

Evidently, Jeff, you haven't been following the progress of this and simlar threads, for which I can hardly blame you. It is B&H's policy (correct me if I err, Henry) to sell a camera, have it returned with fewer than 200 shots within 30 days and issue a refund, then sell it again as new ...

Unfortunately this significantly oversimplifies a more complex, nuanced, and individualized process. To hold to the same level of oversimplicity for the moment, you are incorrect. More accurately it is B&H's policy to consider and evaluate each return individually.

-- hide signature --

Henry Posner
B&H Photo-Video

I understand your careful approach. There is not much of a choice based on the fact that almost every internet business offers returns without restocking fees.

On the other hand,it is possible that a buyer receives (what he thinks) is a factory fresh camera , the manual is not shrink-wrapped anymore, the protective plastic on the LCD is removed and so on.

To be honest, I wouldn't be happy about that.

I have purchased several cameras, lenses and computer tablets from "Amazon warehouse deals".

I knew that these were previous customer returns and was always pleased when they were in Mint or like new condition.

After all the discussion on the subject I will hesitate to buy form B&H because you fail to inform a customer that the camera you sell him might not be new.

klauspauk's gear list:klauspauk's gear list
Fujifilm X-E1 Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow