Oil issue returns straight after Nikon D600 cleaning! Doh!

Started Jan 29, 2013 | Discussions thread
Johan01
Regular MemberPosts: 459
Like?
Re: Stop buying Nikon....
In reply to Nikonfan99, Jan 29, 2013

Nikonfan99 wrote:

rdhphoto1 wrote:

Nikonfan99 wrote:

On the d7000, they had the lubrication issue also. At one point nikon was replacing the motor in the mirror assembly. They stated that it failed and was the cause of the problem. They stated that this was caused by the part from one specific vendor. I wonder if the d600 has a similar issue but that is pure speculation. I would think that if this was a simple part replacement, we would get reports of work orders listing major parts replaced. In the case of the d7000, the issue would sometimes return. I feel us D600 users will have this issue long term and it will reduce over time. I for one am at 13,000+ clicks and it has slowed down but not gone. I can still count lubricant splatter as I go. This is why I find it entertaining when people post that Nikon has a FIX or that they have inside information that a rep told them over the phone. These types of false information are nothing new. Customer care reps get tired of answering the same questions over and over and they can hand out false information thinking they know something others don’t. I think we can all know that they have no real consistent fix so far based upon these reports and amazon verified purchase reviews.

.......then maybe they will think about a fix for the D600 oil/dust issue.

Of course I heard of one relpy from Nikon, to a customer, about the D600 and they said..."it is just an Internet rumor".

Right!

I am sticking to my theory that nikon knew about the issue but felt that they could deal with it as it came. The logical thing that makes sense here is an over lubrication of parts combined with poor quality control at time of manufacturing. This would make sense as to why some people have the issue some more and some less. Nikon will usually send out test units to users and let them respond back with what they think. It would make 0 sense that no test unit ever showed the issue and that nikon never pulled units during manufacturing to test the sensors.

Out of the box dust and oil is pretty hard to miss. I think the plan was to beat canon to the market and deal with the problem people as they showed up. The lies and stall tactics are very entertaining. I find it comical that people think nikon also did not know about the issue during Christmas and just happened to discount out a $500 lens as a promo. So no reports of the issue to them at Christmas either? I guess pulling the units till a fix was found would be just too much like doing the right thing. I feel that people want to protect the brand that they are invested in and will make disillusions to satisfy themselves. Any good manufacturing facility has quality control dept and I would only believe that nikon did not know about this if it was an issue that showed up later in the life of the units but not out of the box and not after 200-2000 shots. Let’s not fool ourselves. The WU-1b is another shinning example of a flawed product that was released too soon just to have a response to the wifi feature of the canon 6D. It was a rush job and it is a sad way of doing things. It works at first to capture the people that wanted FX at a lower cost but will still cost them customers and lost faith in the future.

So true!

In fact, I am rather shocked at how many Nikon shooters are showing up in the Canon forums (outside of DPR) who are coming over due to disgust with Nikon's QC and customer service. Canon has been killing Nikon on the QC and Customer Service front lately. It doesn't matter how awesome the specs are for a product. If it doesn't work properly, spec sheets are meaningless.

This seems to just be how some Japanese companies decide to conduct themselves. Deny, deny, and just keep on denying until it hurts sales, then blame it on one of your executives and force them to bow out in disgrace and shame. It may fool people over there, but not elsewhere in the world. The executive scapegoat method is old and painfully obvious deception.

Nikon seems to have fixed their D800 AF issues, which is why I had to wait nearly a year to try one out. It must have really bit them in the ass when people are returning 6+ defective units each. That was just one hell of a losing business model. The internet no longer allows companies to hide their deceptive tactics for long.

I was really hoping Nikon would put a huge hurt on Canon, which would have hopefully lit a fire under their ass to get more competitive. Nikon had a clear open field and just kept fumbling the ball.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow