Some D600 + 24-70 f2.8 pictures. Is that IQ expected?

Started Jan 29, 2013 | Discussions thread
T O Shooter
Senior MemberPosts: 1,694Gear list
Like?
Re: Some D600 + 24-70 f2.8 pictures. Is that IQ expected?
In reply to wint, Jan 29, 2013

wint wrote:

2) I know the photos looks bad. I had no good settings and they were not processed. My only goal was to check if even trying something randomly the results were going to be as expected for a normal functioning camera and lenses. Nothing beyond that.

I didn't know people would require very good looking photos to give they feedback about a overall result I was looking for.

I think what you're missing here is that testing the IQ of the body and lens is not independent of the settings. Higher than need ISO, overexposure, inproper handling all show up in the photo.  In your case you might be better off sticking it on P, put it on a tripod and see what you come up with. Those photos could have been taken with Ken's D40 / 18-55 combo and looked as good or better.  And I'm saying this in a "matter of fact" way, and not to be rude - just to the point.

I think some of the rude remarks are coming about by the frustration of others with people that buy gear way beyond their knowledge base to use it. If money is no object than no problem ( I guess ), but you would have been miles ahead with a D7000, a decent lens, and some photography lessons.

T O Shooter's gear list:T O Shooter's gear list
Canon PowerShot G5
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
WintNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow