If not Aperture, then what are you using on your Mac?

Started Jan 29, 2013 | Discussions thread
Nikko aus London
Senior MemberPosts: 1,130Gear list
Like?
Re: If not Aperture, then what are you using on your Mac?
In reply to Alpha Doug, Jan 29, 2013

Alpha Doug wrote:

Aperture is a great image organization and primary editing tool. And it is cheap, and it integrates fully with OS X and iPhoto. And it plays well with external editors and plugins. It has a HUGE set of capabilities and has a pretty good learning curve. Most of the issues I see on this forum have to do with either 1: "I'm having terrible difficulties with Aperture - but I never read anything or tried to learn how it actually works", or 2: "I never upgrade my operating system or apps and this old version of Aperture doesn't work well with this old version of OS X". If you are in the category of "I really keep my Operating System up to date, and I have the latest version of Aperture correctly installed, and I look forward to learning new things using online videos, and books", then you will have very few if any issues with Aperture.

-- hide signature --

Only my opinion. It's worth what you paid for it. Your mileage may vary! ;-} www.dougwigton.com/

+1 on these observations.  I use Aperture managed libraries to look after 200gig of photos without any issues.  Just remember to backup with TimeMachine *and* Aperture Vaults and you can't go wrong.

I just splurged on the entire set of Nik Software plug-ins to go with Aperture and am looking forward to using them.  I first came across Nik's control point tech within Nikon Capture NX2 and was hooked ever since.  Awesome step up from basic Aperture editing capabilities.  Check 'em out.

Nikko

Nikko aus London's gear list:Nikko aus London's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF1 Olympus OM-D E-M5 Panasonic Lumix G 20mm F1.7 ASPH Panasonic Lumix G 14mm F2.5 ASPH Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 45mm 1:1.8 +5 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
NX2New
TestNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow