How is it possible?

Started Jan 29, 2013 | Discussions thread
happypoppeye
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,787Gear list
Like?
Re: How is it possible?
In reply to Michebo, Jan 29, 2013

Michebo wrote:

That in our esteemed neighbour South Africa the following is possible?

• 13% of grade 9 learners passed math
  • 2.3% of grade learners scored 50% or above

This in a country where well over 20% of the annual budget of the country has been and is spent on education for many years.

Where politicians continually mouth the importance of education. Where education is seen as the no 1 priority for combating rampant poverty especially among the youth. Where joblessness means that educated youth are crucially required to alleviate the skills shortages. Yet the youth are not being educated and the growing poor and jobless youth are becoming increasingly restless and militant

How is this possible - please tell me?

Why with these huge financial resources allocated there are Student Organisations requesting funding to do this work?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fhD1oDQ3rpU

I can think of of one overriding reason. But maybe you have more insight.

It comes down to the student, thier family, their upbringing, family and importance of schooling taught to him by his parents. Has very little to do with money spent by the government ...tell these kids that each will get paid to pass and guess what, that percentage goes way up.

I didn't watch the video ...my biggest question is where do you live that SA is a neighbor?

-- hide signature --

www.wanderinground.wordpress.com
www.pbase.com/happypoppeye
It's almost all opinion folks, gonna have to deal with it.

happypoppeye's gear list:happypoppeye's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF3 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GM1 Panasonic Lumix G 14mm F2.5 ASPH Panasonic Lumix G Vario HD 12-32mm F3.5-5.6 Mega OIS
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow