Eye of the Tiger

Started Jan 29, 2013 | Discussions thread
rickztahone
Contributing MemberPosts: 527Gear list
Like?
Re: Eye of the Tiger
In reply to busch, Jan 29, 2013

busch wrote:

I love tigers and this is a beautiful one! A very nice shot of it!

Several questions: which Kenko? I use the Pro 300 DG on my 70-400. Did you use a tripod? Exif??

I think I might crop this so that the rear paw is no longer in the photo; for some reason that draws my attention more than it should. Might just be me in my old age.

-- hide signature --

Busch
Take the scenic route! Life is too short to do otherwise.
My Photos

I actually completely agree with you with regards to the paw. Until I saw it uploaded on Flickr did it bother me. At home I already have another edit where the paw is gone but I am yet to upload it.

This is actually the TC I use on the 70400:

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/693008-REG/Kenko_MC4AF1_4DGXMS_TelePlus_MC4_AF_1_4x.html

It keeps AF working fine. I did use a Giottos tripod as well as a RRS ball head. I didn't quick release though which may be the reason the eyes were soft as another member suggested earlier. Full EXIF should be intact on the Flickr link provided earlier. I believe it was shot at f/8 since that is the biggest aperture I can use with the TC fully enxtended. Thanks for looking and comments.

rickztahone's gear list:rickztahone's gear list
Sony SLT-A55 Sony SLT-A77 Sony Alpha NEX-6 Sony SLT-A99 Sony 70-200mm F2.8 G +19 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow