Opinions of NX100

Started Jan 27, 2013 | Discussions thread
yooperguy
Senior MemberPosts: 1,778Gear list
Like?
Re: Opinions of NX100
In reply to BobT, Jan 29, 2013

BobT wrote:

If ever there were conflicting feelings about this camera, this is it. (However, much is the norm in these forums.) I read a positive comment, and think I should get it. Then a resounding negative, and think this is the worst camera on the market. One thing does stay fairly consistent though. And that is, the 20-50mm kit lens is pretty good.

Though "dazed and confused", I do appreciate all comments.

You might want to read this older review of the NX100.  I found it helpful at the time I bought mine.  Make sure to read the very bottom section about using RAW to get the best results.

http://www.imaging-resource.com/PRODS/NX100/NX100A.HTM

My preferred mode of use with the NX100 is with either of my pancake lenses (16mm & 30mm). The 20-50mm kit zoom is okay, but I prefer to have plenty of light with it or use the small flash (SEF-20A) if possible.  I will set the max ISO to 400 most of the time.

We are traveling this time of the year (snow birds), so I will be using the NX100 today.  Not really much to shoot in mid-winter right now, but there might be something.  The NX100 will fit in the same bag I use to carry my G11, as long as I have a pancake lens on it.  The 20-50mm lens would require me to use a larger bag designed for something like a micro 4/3rds camera.

Dennis

yooperguy's gear list:yooperguy's gear list
Canon PowerShot G9 Canon PowerShot G11 Samsung NX100 Samsung NX20 +1 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow