hellocrowley
Senior MemberPosts: 1,169
Like?
Re: What's the line on an X Pro 2 in 2013
In reply to Austin101, Jan 29, 2013

Austin101 wrote:

Zardoz wrote:

hellocrowley wrote:

I really hope it's not based on the Nex7 sensor, which is notoriously bad with M mount lenses. Fuji needs to improve their performance with wide angle lenses by reducing the sensor glass thickness. In any case, they will have to wait for Sony to come out with a new PDAF sensor (see Nex6 -X100s) or use the same X100s sensor. Not anytime soon.

That's down to the microlens design. It's completely possible to use the same base sensor with different microlenses (and a different CFA, as we've already seen). Having said that, despite Fuji releasing an official M mount adapter, the current X-Trans sensors don't have microlenses that handle UWA M mount lenses well either, and it suffers from the same problems as the NEX-7.

I see and understand your point rec M mount lenses when using the NEX-7, I use a CV 21mm on a NEX-6 and on an X-E1 and before that my X-Pro1, for me I find that the CV 21mm just functions better on the NEX-6 (or NEX-5n for that matter) but I've not noticed an problems with it on the Fuji.

what I will do is run a couple of test shots with the lens on the NEX-6 and the X-E1 and post them here, I guess a landscape and a brick wall should do the trick

Please do. I'm looking for a good 35 equivalent lens, the Biogon 25 did not work very well on my Xpro1.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow