The Sunday BIRD Volume 8, Issue 32 January 27, 2013

Started Jan 27, 2013 | Discussions thread
Roger Engelken
Senior MemberPosts: 2,796Gear list
Like?
Re: A Bird in the Park
In reply to Gopal42986, Jan 29, 2013

I am not sure how much knowledge I have to impart. Looking at my photo, I do believe this was the day I had forgotten the 1.4 teleconverter (I was after a pair of bald eagles I had observed in the park, and realizing I had picked up the 25mm lens instead of the teleconverter, I went looking for other things to shoot), so I believe it was shot at the 300 mm on its own. I need a great deal more practice with wildlife / bird photography. Oftentimes I will try a number of settings from f/3.5 to f/8 with that lens, sometimes even to f/11. I will also play with the exposure compensation a bit, and settings to work with the shutter speed. All are a learning experience, which is the most enjoyable and occasionally gratifying part of photography.

My advice in the end is to experiment. I once heard you are doing very well if one in ten shots turns out acceptable or better. The joy is in the learning. Thank you for sharing your shots as well.

Roger.

Roger Engelken's gear list:Roger Engelken's gear list
Olympus TG-830 iHS Olympus E-1 Olympus E-420 Olympus E-30 Olympus E-620 +22 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow