How Nikon colors changed over the years.

Started Jan 20, 2013 | Discussions thread
MTT
MTT
Veteran MemberPosts: 4,953
Like?
Re: How Nikon colors changed over the years.
In reply to FFabio, Jan 29, 2013

FFabio wrote:

MTT wrote:

Looking at these makes you appreciate the old film days. You can use different bodies or brands and as long as you use the same film, same quality lens & exposure the color & noise would look the same or close to it.

Sorry, I don't get this. Today too, as long as I use the same sensor (camera) and lens I get the same color and noise. Are you complaining to the fact we cannot change sensor on the same camera body? Then yes, I can see this (well you can in medium format).

Nope, I just thought it would be nice if all four of my Nikon's color matched when using the same settings. Makes PP a little faster when using difference Nikon models during a photo shoot. I guess I want things to be too easy. My D300's are very close, some difference in my D600 but I can tweak to get them close. My D70 you need to work at. Since I have the D600 now, I can just use my D70 for family stuff.

In the old film days (I printed millions of photos) I used to make proofs for consistency. Today I open my files from raw and develop them on a color monitor, with much much much less proofs for the same level of consistency. No differences at all for me, except digital is far superior in every way, even consistency (it was a pain when you needed to use two or three different films for a job).

I agree and like I told Tony I'm not recommending any one to switch back to film. I don't like film, that's why I stop using it and have my film cameras setting in a camera bag.

cheers

-- hide signature --

http://mtt.smugmug.com/photos/245519815-O.gif This is me Post Processing. If only I can get it right the first time! Full time auto tech, part time photographer. Mark Thompson/MTT Louisville, KY. USA Why do you have to 'put your two cents in'.. but it's only a 'penny for your thoughts'? Where's that extra penny going to? http://markthompsonphotos.com

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Ok,New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow