LightRoom, Hightlights in Process 2012 vs Process 2010

Started Jan 29, 2013 | Discussions thread
becomeAchildAgain
Junior MemberPosts: 30Gear list
Like?
Re: LightRoom, Hightlights in Process 2012 vs Process 2010
In reply to Jim Hess, Jan 29, 2013

Jim Hess wrote:

Most photographers in normal situations seek to avoid highlight clipping. Lightroom 4 has been designed to help accomplish that purpose. In your situation, where you are trying to achieve something different, it will be necessary for you to push the highlights to get the effect you are after. Alternatively, you could switch to PV 2010 if you feel that it produces a better result.

Thanks Jim, I agree Lightroom 4 does a much much better job in retaining detail in the highlights which I find very useful in pictures with high dynamic range..

I just wanted to make sure that it was not something that I was doing wrong or not doing at all.. but that's what I've already done where I switched to PV 2010 for these shots.. pushing the hightlights in PV 2012 had other side effects on the model that would have required more work to undo..

thanks..

becomeAchildAgain's gear list:becomeAchildAgain's gear list
Nikon D3 Sony Alpha 7 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF Nikkor 20mm f/2.8D +1 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow