Started Jan 28, 2013 | Discussions thread
Lance B
Forum ProPosts: 26,551Gear list
Like?
Re: Could be old news but I just found out that Andy Rouse
In reply to Andre De Angelis, Jan 29, 2013

Andre De Angelis wrote:

phoman wrote:

switched from Nikon to Canon, I went through his blog all the way back to when the D4 became available....anyways very interesting read and his photos from Canon are simply amazing.

Yes, he explained some issues he was having with the matrix AF. Single point impressed him, but the AF gave unpredictable results when using groups.

Long story short Nikon is loosing lots of its faithful followers, kinda sad

I think Nikon dropped the ball in a number of ways with the D4. While the D3 and D3s were bold and innovative, the D4 is such a conservative and boring release. They played it so safe on so many levels - the ISO is the same or worse, the AF is suspect and included very little innovation and also seems to lack precision/accuracy, the burst rate is clearly lagging behind the 1DX. Add to this the fact that the video is soft and the LCD screen has an annoying green cast, and one has to conclude that heads should have rolled at Nikon.

Either Nikon got cocky and felt they didn't have to try too hard with the D4, or they simply don't have the resources to keep pace with Canon.

Good post, Andre.

Lance B's gear list:Lance B's gear list
Nikon D800E Nikon AF-S Nikkor 16-35mm f/4G ED VR Nikon AF-S Nikkor 14-24mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-S Nikkor 500mm f/4G ED VR +12 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow