Sigma launches new ART versions of their 30mm and 19mm f2.8 and new 60mm f2.8 lenses

Started Jan 29, 2013 | Discussions thread
Dennis
Forum ProPosts: 12,817
Like?
Re: Sigma launches new ART versions of their 30mm and 19mm f2.8 and new 60mm f2.8 lenses
In reply to kev777zero, Jan 29, 2013

kev777zero wrote:

At first when I saw the 60mm f/2.8 lens I thought wow, a nice portrait prime! But then there's the SEL50F18 which has OSS. The only thing the 60mm wins at is a minutely better FOV. And since the SEL50 is $300, I can't see the Sigma being any more appealing even if it were same price as the previous Sigma E-mount lenses ($199).

Agreed.  I'd prefer 60 to 50, but otherwise, it doesn't seem too competitive.  Maybe it will be cheap & very sharp.

Somehow I don't think Sigma is taking E-mount seriously enough. Making a 30mm f/1.4 or 105mm f/2.8 Macro for E-mount would've shown their commitment.

True.  But then, Sony doesn't seem to be taking it very seriously, either.  It's taken a long time to get an almost-normal and we still lack a portrait prime (in the 85 to 135mm equivalent range) as well as any better-than-kit zooms.  And the choice of focal lengths is ridiculously unimaginative, stolen from DSLR lines designed around 35mm/FF.  I give Sony credit for putting IS in the 35 & 50, though.

- Dennis

-- hide signature --
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow