SX50HS Sports Mode for bif. For the doubters.

Started Jan 28, 2013 | Discussions thread
Stephen Ingraham
Regular MemberPosts: 407Gear list
Like?
Re: SX50HS Sports Mode for bif. For the doubters.
In reply to Foxsmum, Jan 29, 2013

Foxsmum wrote:

I don;t doubt, but I can;t do. All the efforts I have tried on sports mode end up as a blurry mess, have you any tips or extra settings you would care to pass on because your photos are fab

1) pan with the bird (or whatever) until you are "on it".

2) continue to pan and half press the shutter until the blue focus indicator locks on to what you are photographing.

3) full press the shutter and continue to pan with the action. Once the shutter is full down you will only get "glimpses" of your subject between frames. Don't attempt to much "correction" based on those glimpses as the camera will loose focus if you move it far from the original center.

4) clearly this works best were you have lots of chances to try...the Skimmer flew back and forth until I got tired of watching it. The birds I photographed at Bosque were in the air all the time.

5) Given that, I had some success this trip with "grab" flight shots...twist the control dial rapidly to Sports, get on the approaching bird (or birds), and let off a blast.

Stephen Ingraham's gear list:Stephen Ingraham's gear list
Canon PowerShot SX50 HS Sony Cyber-shot DSC-HX400V Sony Alpha NEX-3N NEX5R Olympus OM-D E-M10 +2 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow