Senior MemberPosts: 1,257Gear list
Like?
Re: Night shots with the Fujifilm X-E1
In reply to simon, Jan 29, 2013

simon wrote:

BillyInya wrote:

simon wrote:

Hi Billy,

Wow - this is the second really great collection of images I nearly missed today.

You have captured some really beautiful pictures here, truly pleasing to the eye and showing your skills with the Fuji.

A pleasure to view your site. Many thanks for the effort you have gone to - to present these. I like the navigation controls and viewing features you had too.

kind regards,

-- hide signature --

- Simon, Sydney

No not mine Simon. I mentioned the photographer, his name is Mike Mander. I can't produce that sort of quality yet with my X-E1, but I'm getting there :-).

The thread is obviously about how darn good the Fujifilm X-E1 is at night time photography when in the hands of a very good photographer who used Adobe Light Room 4.3 to process them to their 2400x1200 size rather brilliantly I think. Adobe LR4.3 certainly does a great job on those X-Trans files - as can clearly be seen.

These are amongst some of the best night time shots I have seen, mind you, others posted in here too are pretty spectacular such as Chris's who has processed in ACR and Photoshop CS6.

Cheers

Hi ya Billy,

Thanks for your correction. Indeed, I was rather astonished at the colour and beauty that Mike had managed to capture and process. I was really impressed.

Does Mike post here or does he hang out somewhere else ?

regards,

-- hide signature --

- Simon, Sydney

Hi Simon. Don't know where he hangs. I've sent him an email inviting him over to dpreview.

Hope he makes it over, he would be a great contributor by the looks of things.

Cheers

BillyInya's gear list:BillyInya's gear list
Nikon D7000 Fujifilm X-E1 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-135mm f/3.5-5.6G ED-IF Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 17-55mm f/2.8G ED-IF Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR II +8 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow