A65 or A77 ?

Started Jan 28, 2013 | Discussions thread
Simao
Regular MemberPosts: 135Gear list
Like?
Re: A65 or A77 ?
In reply to MicheleP, Jan 29, 2013

When I wanted the higher end Sony camera I thought that since the a65 and the a77 share the exact same sensor they should be the same, and the differences are mainly cosmetic.

On paper the a77 has a magnesium alloy body, slightly heavier, slightly higher burst rate (I think 10vs 12) and something that I didn't understand called microadjustment. So I thought, who is stupid enough to pay extra cash for these little features? I bought an a65 and then had a chance to get an a77 cheaply and when I tried it I found out that I was the one who is stupid for not buying it!
The body is much better feel to it and oozes with quality, I shot with it for a while using the excellent 16-50 and I noticed that at pixel levels images were soft so I learned about micro-adjustment and when I adjusted the camera I got fantastic sharpness at pixel level. I tried other lenses which had similar problems and all got fixed.

So I suggest that you get an a77 now, or keep the cash for a possible new line of sony cameras. espically since the a700 is good camera.
the hvl36 is compatible with Sony, check this page and scroll down.

http://www.sony.co.uk/support/en/product/SLT-A77/compatibility

Simao's gear list:Simao's gear list
Sony RX100 Sony RX100 II Sony SLT-A77 Sigma 50mm F1.4 EX DG HSM Sony 70-300mm F4.5-5.6 G SSM +3 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow