Cheap, light pic viewer for package holidays ???????

Started Jan 27, 2013 | Discussions thread
PeteGeordie
Regular MemberPosts: 114
Like?
Re: PS re: Cheap, light pic viewer for package holidays ???????
In reply to Cyril Catt, Jan 29, 2013

Cyril Catt wrote:

It seems that the 7" pads (or maybe all of them) allow pictures to be loaded onto them from SD cards. But can you backup pictures from them to SD cards or USB memory sticks.

I am looking for a stand-alone model that does not need a cloud or computer as intermediary, to duplicate my camera sd cards. I seem to approach 100 GB of pics on most trips, which seems beyond the capacity of a tablet, and don't want to spend time sorting and culling whilst travelling.

-- hide signature --

Cyril

Certainly with the Samsung once you attach the OTG adapter you essentially have a USB port. You can move files to/from the device very easily. I'm not sure the maximum capacity of flash drive that is supported but it works with my 32GB flash drive. In theory you could attach any USB drive but the USB port is not delivering much power so you would probably need a powered USB hub attached.

Does anyone know if you can move files to/from a Nexus without "rooting" the device?

Cheers,

-- hide signature --

Pete

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow