Why I'm wondering to switch to Canon after my experience with D600 + 24-70mm

Started Jan 28, 2013 | Discussions thread
Astrophotographer 10
Senior MemberPosts: 4,423Gear list
Like?
Re: Why I'm wondering to switch to Canon after my experience with D600 + 24-70mm
In reply to wint, Jan 29, 2013

I was recently in a large camera shop and I brought up the QC problems Nikon has been having with D800 and D600. The salesman brushed it off saying all the camera makers have had their problems over time and all handled it the same way. He rattled off some examples from Canon.

At the moment though there seems to be very few QC complaints about recent Canon cameras and a lot of noise about the Nikon D600 oil/dust and D800 leftmost AF. D800 seems to have been sorted. D600 not yet but no doubt is being worked on behind the scenes. Not very reassuring though if you were about to buy one.

I was lucky, my D800E is perfect and I am very happy to have it as its the best out there for image quality at this time. I also like the ergonomics, menus and the depth of the features the camera has.

In particular I like the time lapse functions and the see in the dark AF system plus the really low noise high ISO performance. Its outstandingly good.

Greg.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Ok.New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow