Should Oly bring out a competitor to the NEX6?

Started Jan 29, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
don_van_vliet
Contributing MemberPosts: 618
Like?
Should Oly bring out a competitor to the NEX6?
Jan 29, 2013

I think so! (Disclaimer: not trying to start an M43 vs NEX war, both are great systems).

You can buy a NEX6 body only here for £630 from Amazon, whilst the OMD is £1000. If I was a serious amateur choosing a mirrorless system for the first time I think I would find the NEX6 option very compelling. I really hope Oly come up with something with a more competitive price in the near future. Maybe a cheaper OM-D (or PEN) with a viewfinder, PEN-quality IBIS, no weather sealing and a slightly lower build quality?

It would need to be sufficiently different that the additional price of the EM-5 is justified. Maybe we won't see a cheaper alternative until the EM-5 successor comes along...?

EDIT: Sorry for the Olympus bias! I know that Panasonic have some great competitively priced with EVFs. Personally I prefer non-DSLR styling and IBIS.

Sony Alpha NEX-6
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow