Sigma launches new ART versions of their 30mm and 19mm f2.8 and new 60mm f2.8 lenses

Started Jan 29, 2013 | Discussions thread
blue_skies
Senior MemberPosts: 7,142Gear list
Like?
Re: Sigma launches new ART versions of their 30mm and 19mm f2.8 and new 60mm f2.8 lenses
In reply to John Romas, Jan 29, 2013

The press release reads as if only the 30mm f/1.4 DC lens has enhanced optical performance, implying that the DN lenses do not have a change in their IQ.

But enhanced QA, metal cladding, new texture and better focusing ring all sounds great. And choice in back or silver now that it is clad in metal and not in plastic. Video optimized (silent AF now), but no OSS.

The new 60mm/2.8 sounds great, but bokeh should trail the 50/1.8 lens, I think.

I think that the old 19 & 30mm currently priced at half off (or at 1/3rd of MSRP) are an absolute steal, so yes, I'd still purchase the previous model. In fact, I just ordered another set (to give away).

I am guessing that the new prices for the DN lenses will be increased, from the $199 to $249 or so.

-- hide signature --

Cheers,
Henry

blue_skies's gear list:blue_skies's gear list
Canon PowerShot S95 Sony Alpha NEX-7 Sony Alpha NEX-6 Sony Alpha 7 Sony a6000 +30 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow