Which zoom to buy with 5DmarkIII?

Started Jan 29, 2013 | Discussions thread
jayelae
Regular MemberPosts: 131
Like?
Re: Which zoom to buy with 5DmarkIII?
In reply to biza43, Jan 29, 2013

The 5D3+24-105 is a great combo for the price. BUT, if you have the money, I will go for the 24-70 f/2.8 II. I originally bought the 5D3+24-105 kit and was very happy with it (having upgraded from a 7D with the great 17-55). I was awed at the IQ improvement moving to FF.

But, I am the sort (unfotunately) who lusts for having the best though, in truth, my photographic skills do not quite match -- so I sold the 24-105 and sprung for the 24-70 f/2.8 II -- no regrets really. I do not miss the extra reach and the II is everything that the glowing reviews say it is.

Since I was worried about the possibility of missing out on the reach, I kept experimenting on taking the same shots when I still had the 24-105 -- one shot at 70mm and the other at 105mm for every scene, and it turned out that the reach difference was not that critical for me. The results might be different for others given what scenes they shoot.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow